Week 8 (14 Weeks of Mini-Pledges)
Listen to your internal cues and stop eating when you feel full.
I am so bad at this. This challenge will be incredibly difficult for me as I’m very much an emotional eater. I eat when I’m sad, I eat when I’m extremely happy. I binge eat. I am obese. I have major weight issues and illnesses associated with my weight. However, of all the challenges thus far this is the challenge I MUST take the most seriously. Even though I’m now eating much less processed food, I am still binge eating at times. I hoped by doing this challenge that I would lose weight but unsurprisingly that even binging on much healthier options still doesn’t necessarily mean weight loss.
I also have a real problem stopping when eating a meal, because as most people of my age will remember “you must eat everything on your plate” which would have to be the biggest weight loss challenge we will ever face. I hate wasting food. I have that voice in my head saying “finish what is on your plate”.
With this challenge I promise to:
- Menu plan – the only foods on the menu plan will be clean, unprocessed foods.
- I will listen to my body and only eat when I am hungry.
- I will only put a small portion on my plate so that I don’t waste food.
- I will wait for 30 minutes after a meal before considering seconds.
- I will only have seconds if I am still hungry after 30 minutes.
Wish me luck…..